Welcome to I Am Here
Independent data and research has proven that I Am Here works. For every one person that asked for help before I Am Here, three people are now taking that courageous step.
I Am Here is positively disrupting workplace culture. We are empowering Team Members to have the courage, confidence and skills to Show you care, Ask the question and Call for help.
I Am Here: The Why
This is a great place to start your journey.
I Am Here: Tribe Members
I Am Here: Ambassadors
Help and Support
For organisations that wish to increase usage of Mental Health and Wellbeing supports, I Am Here develops the courage, confidence and skills required to guide fellow Team Members, friends and family to the help available. At 800,000 members, across four continents, our award-winning and evidence-based programme is the fastest-growing of its kind in the world. I Am Here is based on the belief that it’s ok not to feel ok; and it’s absolutely ok to ask for help.
- A Team Member is a person working within an organisation.
- A Tribe Member is a Team Member who has completed the I Am Here: Tribe Members course and then becomes an advocate for the I Am Here movement.
- An Ambassador is a Tribe Member who has completed the I Am Here: Ambassadors course. An Ambassador has developed the courage, confidence and skills to act as a signpost to connect fellow Team Members, friends and family with the help and support they may need.
- Help build a culture of support.
- Promote the purpose of I Am Here to others.
- Recruit more Tribe Members.
There are many ways to Show you care, depending on what feels right for you, the other person and the situation. The I Am Here: Ambassadors course explores the appropriate ways to reach out and Show you care through different scenarios.
- Compassion – To show compassion is to have the desire to relieve the suffering of another person by showing genuine concern for their situation, acting with kindness and care and being there for them.
- Listening – You could say that listening actively is the most important skill that underpins I Am Here. Listening carefully involves ‘listening with all your senses’ to understand the person’s full message.
- Empathy – Showing empathy is the ability to step into another person’s shoes to understand the situation from their perspective.
- Acceptance – Total acceptance means putting aside your own opinions, values and bias. A person who feels accepted is more likely to trust you to guide them to the help and support on offer.
- Real – An Ambassador is real and authentic. This means showing up as yourself so that the person can also be themselves.